Derek is a Security Architect at Cloudflare and has over 16 years of experience in designing security frameworks at scale. His main focus is on research and development within infrastructure and cloud security.
Derek has presented before at multiple summits:
- Openstack Austin Summit on Self-Healing Control Plane with Kubernetes
- Blockchain West Summit on Deep Inspection of Big Data on the Blockchain
- Google NEXT on Migrating DDOS Defenses to Google Cloud
- Linux Security Summit 2020 on Encrypting Memory At Scale
- A Conference for Defense on Building a Serverless SIEM
He currently holds multiple patents in the fields of security, key management, and blockchain.